Gammelbro Camping was founded by
Jenny and Claus Knudsen in 1958. The site opened May 1, 1958 with room for 50 tents. At the same time 11 hectares land for orchard is leased out.
The first three years were the toilets bins emptied into the slurry pit and used on the fields in the winter. The first store was an ice cream parlor in the courtyard of the old property, Gammelbrovej 80th